Thursday, February 17, 2011

Relationship

You'll get tired of seeing these birds pretty soon,
but here's a few I shot today with the Nikon P100.
The herons are developing relationships!
If it stays warm tomorrow and if I can find a time when the rain stays away, 
I'll take the Canon down there and see what I can capture with the 70-200 lens..

First -- renovation of the old abandoned nest.
Next -- bill and coo -- hey! the neighbors are watching!
And finally, just a couple of shots to show what the P100 can and can't do.
First with no zoom.
Then, zoomed in all the way -- isn't that amazing!
But the chromatic aberration is distracting to say the least,
so I converted this to black and white.

11 comments:

  1. This is so great to be able to see! So, multiple pairs nest in the same tree? Interesting. Yes, good idea to convert to B&W to get rid of the chromatic aberration. I have a lot of trouble with that under certain conditions with one of my lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top photo has such elegant linesw, especially effectine in those muted greys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top image is a perfect Valentine's image! :) That is just beautiful w/ the monotones and curves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice collection of heron photos. The zoom difference is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen heron's eating my goldfish but never roosting ia a tree. Looks like love is in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo,
    Awesome shots of the loving pair. Hopefully we'll see babies before long. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    http://sherrie-myphotosgoodorbad.blogspot.com/2011/02/183-motion.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for giving the photo details, It is so inspirational & helpful to us beginers

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: Now I know what chromatic aberration is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great set of photos and interesting to show the effect od the zoom, makes quite a difference, I'm pleased with my P100 in that way to :)

    ReplyDelete