Saturday, April 16, 2011

impressionist filter

My old computer stopped "talking" to me and went to computer heaven.  Technology has sure changed since I bought that one!  I got an all-in-one HP Touchsmart.

My photos were all on an external hard drive and somewhere along the way I realized it would be a good idea to keep folders for things I added on to photoshop, but I still had/have a lot of stuff to move onto the new one.  I installed the extra fonts that I like, and just started looking at the filters.  I installed Tri-moon's impressionist filter.  It works with CS5, but not with CS5 64-bit.  That's OK because I have them both installed on the new computer.

So here's that same daffodil pic done with the impressionist filter.


Now I have to figure out how to add the rest of the stuff I've bought -- like the Topaz filters.

6 comments:

  1. That is so artistic...I have that filter but rarely use it...I need to start playing with it since I love your results!

    It is always tons of work to re do everything on a new computer, isn't it! I HATE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your old computer friend died...and I hope the agony of all the reinstalling you have to do doesn't put much of a damper on the fun of a new, shiny machine.

    This is a fun filter you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can be hard when the steam driven computer gives up the ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful, Jo. Have fun with your new computer..........may your creations be many.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful effect with the filter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful effect, daffs may be the perfect flower! Hope you have gotten finished 'moving' in and enjoy your new machine.

    ReplyDelete